INCI: Cannabis Sativa L
Extraction: CO2 Extraction
Strength: 1% (Low CBD)
Country of Origin: Holland
CBD (or Cannabidiol) is extracted fro the Cannabis Sativa plant (Hemp). Hemp and hemp extractions (in its numerous forms) has a long history of medicinal, nutritional and cosmetic use and is considered among the most valuable of oils. CBD oil is extracted by CO2 extraction of the flowers, buds and leaves buds of plant to isolate the cannabinoids. This is then blended with hemp seed oil as a carrier to produce a premium quality, none-psychoactive oil.
The body’s endocannabinoid system has a role in maintaining homeostasis, regulating functions such as appetite, mood, pain and inflammation (amongst others). Cannabidiol interacts with the endocannabinoid system, helping optimise balance and harmony by balancing lipid production of the nervous system receptors.
Applied topically, CBD oil is said to have a number of benefits:
- Moisturising and soothing – thought to be very helpful in controlling very dry and speed skin sloughing. Considered to be especially useful for soothing the pain from sores, burns and bites. An excellent addition to hair and scalp treatments.
- Anti-inflammatory – the soothing and anti-inflammatory properties are said to help reduce the effects of flare-ups caused by chronic skin conditions, such as eczema and dermatitis as well as allergies. Can also be helpful in soothing the effects of sun exposure.
- Anti-Aging – Thanks to its powerful anti-oxidant properties, CBD oil is considered valuable in helping to reduce free radical damage. It is also thought to help improve firmness and support regeneration of new skin cells by stimulating the desquamation.
- Anti-Acne – Helps to reduce the swelling and redness due to its anti-inflammatory properties and is said to reduce sebaceous secretions but helping to control lipid production.
- Protection – CBD oil is said to be effective in helping to absorb UVA/B rays while still allowing the skin to absorb vitamin D.
The applications for this wonder oil are wide and varied, from lip products to foot treatments with endless opportunities to capitalise on its exceptional properties in skin and body care formulations.
Add 1% - 3% to oil phase below 40°C
- None GMO
- Animal Friendly – No component of this product has not been tested or retested on animals by or on behalf of Fresholi. Contains no derivatives of animal origin. Compliant with Humane Cosmetics Standard criteria. No harm has been inflicted on animals or humans in the production process.
- Palm Free
- Preservative Free
Packaged in amber glass bottles 10ml, 30ml, 50ml, 100ml (bottles will come with a dropper, which are useful for avoiding leakage during transit, but you may need to remove this before use due to the viscosity of the oil)
Please note that, due to the value, 100ml sizes can only be shipped by courier
Larger sizes available - please don't hesitate to ask!