Camellia Kissi Oil (cold pressed & refined)
Inci: Camellia Kissi Seed Oil
Country Of Origin: China
Camellia sinensis, or the Camellia Plant (also known as "Tea Plant") is native to southeast Asia and grows in the wild across tropical and subtropical regions. It has glossy evergreen leaves and the leaf buds are harvested to produce white, green, oolong and black tea. The type of tea produced depends on the level of oxidation attained in processing method. It can grow up to 30m and produces large, beautiful flowers and a three celled fruit capsule, each containing a single seed.
The seeds are cold pressed and refined without the use of chemicals to produce a stable oil that is regarded as having similar actions to jojoba, being rich in unsaturated fatty acids and easily absorbed by the skin.
It has a long tradition in far eastern hair, scalp, nail and skin care, thanks to its emollient and softening properties.
- It is highly praised for helping to keep skin smooth and supple, which is thought to be due to it being rich in oleic acid. A good choice for dry/dehydrated and wrinkle-prone skin.
- The antioxidant properties may help to protect the skin and hair from free radical damage.
- Thought to protect skin and hair from the effects of UV rays.
- It's emollient and moisturising properties are highly praised and is popular in hair care formulations and considered to help promote healthy hair growth.
- It is regarded as a good choice in hand/nail care and used frequently in nail/cuticle products, to help support healthy nail growth.
- A good choice for products designed for sensitive skins due to it's anti-inflammatory properties. A consideration for baby care formulations.
- It is thought to help promote wound healing, so may be a good choice for formulations for acne-prone skin to possibly help reduce scarring.
- Also, could be a consideration for helping to reduce stretch marks, when it is said to be very useful.
- It is rich in vitamins A, D and E, Omega 3, 6, 9 and polyphenols.
- Free of additives and derivatives
- Preservative free
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Has not been tested or retested on animals for cosmetic use by or on behalf of Fresholi or our suppliers and complies with the Humane Cosmetics Standard criteria
Usage: Up to 100%